The Renogy Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate Camping Battery is the perfect option for off-grid energy storage systems. The 48V nominal voltage ensures low heat generation and high efficiency during high power transmission. The modular design easily scales to meet a range of configurations—making it simple to tailor your energy requirements to specific projects. The camping battery meets the highest safety standards and has an exceptional lifecycle, optimized with proprietary manufacturing processes and cell architecture. The state-of-the-art battery management system (BMS) enables comprehensive protection features and real-time monitoring. With built-in intelligent self-heating, the battery is rechargeable even in low-temperature conditions.
Should you need to connect several batteries in parallel to build a battery bank, Renogy offers the Battery Interconnect Cables (not included) in different lengths for your convenience.
If there are any quality issues with the Renogy ONE bundle purchased on May 11th for an extra $1, please return the entire bundle.
If only a portion of the bundle is returned without the Renogy ONE, the value of the Renogy ONE(AU$180) will be deducted.
If there are any quality issues with the Renogy ONE product, we will promptly send you a replacement Renogy ONE. If you no longer require the Renogy ONE and choose to return it, we will refund you AU$1.
Additionally, please note that the Renogy ONE will be shipped separately.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
● The normal operation of the self-heating function requires a stable charge current greater than 3A for each battery in the parallel battery bank. The self-heating function will not be able to operate normally if a PWM charge controller or a small current battery charger is used to charge the battery at low temperatures.
● Please secure all cable connections to the proper specification in order to ensure good contact between the cable lugs and the terminals. Over-tightening cable connections can cause terminal breakage and loose cable connections can cause terminal meltdown or fire.
● DO NOT string the battery in series. ONLY connect batteries of the same manufacturer and model in parallel.
● Please avoid too high a voltage difference between paralleled batteries, despite the auto-balancing function, to avoid triggering the over-current protection.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please submit a case !
Minimum 12V Lithium Battery Bank Sizing
- Easily connect multiple batteries in parallel with the auto-balancing function to meet the power and energy requirements of different system setups.
- The battery management system (BMS) and high-performance dual-processors provide comprehensive protection features and real-time monitoring.
- The battery features an exceptional lifespan of more than 4500 cycles (80% DOD), a 50A maximum discharge current, and a wide range of operating temperatures.
- The battery features a communication port—enabling communication between connected batteries, external devices, and host computers.
- The intelligent self-heating feature keeps the battery charged in cold environments.
48V 50Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
|Cell Type: LiFePO4
||Rated Capacity (0.2C):50Ah
|Cycle Life (0.2C, 25℃):4500 Cycles (80% DOD)
||Nominal Voltage: 48V
||Voltage Range: 42V~55.5V
|Communication Port: RJ45 (RS485 Protocol, CAN protocol)
||Maximum Charge/Discharge Current: 50A
|Dimension: 22.7 x 8.46 x 7.87 inch / 576 x 215 x 200 mm
|Weight:60.8 lb. / 27.6 kg
||Charge Temperature Range:32℉~131℉ / 0℃~55℃
|Discharge Temperature Range:-4℉~140℉ / -20℃~60℃
||Storage Temperature Range:-13℉~149℉ / -25℃~65℃
||5-year prorated warranty
1. What are Renogy battery’s greatest advantages?
Firstly, our batteries use the most up to date pouch cell technology. Currently, there are a few battery brands on the market using pre-used battery cores, these have a negative impact on the battery’s life span and present safety risks. In addition, Renogy batteries feature, self-heating functions, an auto-balancing system and an advanced and efficient BMS system. Moreover, Renogy batteries have passed the free drop test，Electro Magnetic Compatibility testing, forced overcharge/discharge test，and crash test.
2. What exactly are pouch cells？
Soft pouch cells use a lightweight aluminum-polymer film to house the battery core, however most Li-ion batteries on the market today still use outdated hard metal battery casings. Comparing metal casings and pouch cells of the same capacity, pouch cells are substantially more light weight and have good cycle performance. When a pouch cell is damaged the gas and heat can escape through a sealing port, preventing further violent reactions. However, hard metal battery casings made from aluminum and steel are much more likely to explode when damaged.
3. My current RV is using a 12V system, if I upgrade to a 48V system what obvious life improvements will I see?
The most perceptive advantage of upgrading from 12V to 48V is that you will be able to use high-power electrical appliances in your RV. If you need to use high-power electrical appliances such as an air conditioner, refrigerator, or oven then a 48V battery will meet your energy needs and greatly enhance your off-grid living experience. Also, thinner cables can be used to connect the battery to the rest of this system, this will reduce transmission loss, save on space and improve the safety of your solar setup.
4. How long can this battery be used for?
This battery can complete 4500 full charge-discharge cycles and battery efficiency will drop to 80% of factory performance after this, however it can still be used with ease. If you live completely off-grid and charge and discharge the battery once a day it will last for more 10 years.
5. How many batteries can be connected together at once?
Up to 8 batteries can be connected in parallel, the auto-balancing function allows you to connect in parallel more safely.
5. I’ve never seen a switch button a battery before, what function does it have?
We have added one touch activation function to this battery. When the battery and BMS system aren’t needed it, they can be turned off with one touch, reducing wear and tear, making storage safer and extending battery life.